We are on the lookout for skilled Assembly Operatives with joinery or fitting experience to work nightshift, for an immediate start. Within this role you will be responsible for fabricating, assembling, and fitting various components of vehicles. You will work closely with design teams, engineers, and other professionals to ensure the highest quality finished product. The role requires a combination of craftsmanship and technical expertise.
- Experience within an assembly environment, including metal fitting / shaping and woodworking. Knowledge or basic understanding of vehicle structures, chassis, and body systems.
- Meticulous approach to work, following instructions to ensure precise alignment, fitting, and finishing of components. Attention to small details that contribute to the overall aesthetics and functionality of the vehicle.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and design specifications. To then apply this information into practice.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work alongside design teams, engineers, and other professionals.
- Strong commitment to safety protocols and practices in the workshop. Ensure the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe handling of tools and materials.
- Efficient organisational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Adherence to project timelines and deadlines.
- Implement strict quality control measures to ensure the final product meets design and functional standards. Inspection of components and structures for flaws or defects.
- Keen interest in staying updated with emerging trends, technologies, and materials in the automotive and coachbuilding industries.
- NVQ Level 3 joiner/fitter AND/OR 3+ years’ experience in same/similar role.
- Knowledge of Assembly techniques and interior design principles to complement the exterior work with high-quality interior finishes.
- Basic understanding of automotive engineering principles and vehicle dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Able and willing to work overtime when required.
- Able and willing to work on various sites as per the needs of the business.
NOTE: This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities, as may be determined in consultation with the jobholder.
Jan’s Holdings LTD is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.75-£14.70 per hour plus 23.5% shift allowance
Hours of work: 7pm-5am or 9pm-7am
- Four day week
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunities employer, The JANS Group welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.
The JANS Group does not accept applications or CVs via recruitment agencies.